Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Windy City Burlesque Festival... TONIGHT!


I caught the first of the 3 Friday shows (8, 10 and midnight) without any idea of the lineup. My only thought being I'm elderly and sleepy, so I'd better be done by 10. I got over that thought as soon as the Flaming Dames hair rocked the audience to Welcome to the Jungle. Every act that followed was an amazing example of what makes burlesque fun - amazing skills, humor, cleverness and a whole heaping' helping of (insert sound of wolf whistle here). Even the 17 rejected marriage proposals didn't put a damper on the good times (you'd think at least ONE of the 17 would say yes! I mean, the odds HAD to be on my side!). Having been all revved up, I tried for the 10pm show too, but even to a celebrity like myself, it was long sold out. Don't let this happen to you! Order your tickets for 1, 2 or all 3 of tonights performances NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment